I'm not sure who squealed louder at the sight of Adam Baldwin, me or the Boy. When he put his fist right through that guy, I yelled, "Knowle!" Later, the Boy started to sing the Hero of Canton song and I babbled about Lucky Thirteen, my imaginary Stargate spin-off.
Let's just say we like the man. Looking forward to more.
And this is the third Mar(c|k)us on my fannish radar. It sort of makes this icon weirdly meta, don't you think?
This was a weird episode, though. Weird in tone, weird in pacing. Trying to pick up momentum after so long a hiatus, I suppose, but not succeeding. (And damn, commercials! We hates them!)
As usual, I don't have deep thoughts, just shallow ones. Here they are.
* Spike's briefcase!
* Spike's briefcase full of beer!
* I hate to say it, but the Wesley/Ilyria "plot" is so boring I wanted to pick up my book and read. Or maybe poke my eyes out with a spork. I refrained out of respect for Wes. But they'd better *do* something soon. Sex, death, whatever, just so they stop talking. I found Ilyria's dialogue very stilted and over-written. "In my day, nightmares stalked the earth in daylight blah blah smurfcakes." Sure. But maybe she'll turn out to be a big fake.
* WTF is up with Gunn? That had better not be the last of him. It seems a pretty sad farewell.
* Lindsey seems really soft now. Where's the burning I-hate-you-please-fuck-me vibe? Where's the evil hand? Don't he and Angel get to ride off into the sunset together?
* Adam Baldwin is very big.
* Yet Another Apocaplyse. Only this time it's real. Uh huh. Bored now.
* Yay to Harmony in the credits! And she didn't die!
* Angel was ... a big lump of nothing.
You know, I think the shine is off this show for me. *sigh* Not what I really wanted on its way out the door.
BTW, we don't get the previews for next week here, so please don't spoil me for that in comments.