The bad thing about Stargate Saturday is that even if it's less than 24 hours since the eps aired, it seems like all the conversations have taken place and I really have nothing of substance to add. But I do have a few things to say.
Overall, I was underwhelmed. But I still enjoyed it.
* Rodney still rules all! He's so cute when he's drooling. How do they keep from snuggling him all the time?
* Major Bedhead isn't growing on me, I'm sad to say. Please, try harder! I don't want to dislike you!
* Teyla isn't growing on me either. She just seems so ... heavy of a charcter. Maybe she should have been more quirky and less angsty and serious.
* Weir continues cool. And she wasn't wearing the Stupid Shoes of Earthly Fashion this week.
* The plot was meh. But at least the damn kids are off Atlantis. And at least the security guy didn't turn out to be the mole.
* Ford is such a sweetie. Atlantica! God, you know his "personal item" was a box of comic books.
Overall, I was kind of bored. A lot of great character moments and a dull-as-dishwater plot.
* See, this is why we *have* the damn Prime Directive in the first-- Oh, right.
* Base Commander Jack just gets cooler and cooler. Snarking, but purposefully.
* Yeah, of course that woman fell in love with Daniel. I'm just surprised her husband didn't as well.
* It just tears my heart out to see Daniel kill someone. I'm not trying to argue "Daniel is/was a pacifict" because I never thought that. But I wouldn't call myself a pacifist and I cannot imagine having to take a gun and kill someone myself. To me, this is one of the great tragedies of the Stargate -- that it made a killer out of Daniel Jackson.