1. Fred and George own my soul.
2. Lucius Malfoy is pretty.
3. No matter how hard you look, you will not spot Atobe in the Hogwarts crowd scenes.
I didn't count the rest of the things.
* I liked it.
* But the production design wasn't near so good as PoA. There were less little touches of magic around.
* I forgot we weren't going to get any actual Quidditch and I was all hyped up at the World Cup. It took me a while to recover from that.
* But I also forgot we were going to see Lucius there and that was a very nice surprise. Both he and Draco looked very lovely.
* Everything was very rushed -- the pace was a bit difficult.
* I think I stopped breathing when Fred and George were on either side of Hermione, teasing her.
* Cedric was dreamy.
* Without Fleur being half-Veela, Ron's asking her out makes little sense. We know he's susceptible, but not that susceptible.
* I managed not to laugh out loud when my slash-addled brain recontectualized Harry's line to Ron: "I don't know what happened tonight. I don't know why. It just did." (Or something very similar.)
* The dancing lessons were great. And so was the Hogwarts Band. I love the way they've added the band and choir to the films.
* Not to mention hearing Hermione and Hagrid (and Ron?) singing the Hogwarts School Song! Hoggy Warty Hogwarts!
* I am so looking forward to seeing the dance scenes on DVD so I can peer closely at everyone. Was that Goyle dancing with a boy from Durmstrang?
* The visual effects were great -- I don't remember seeing anything and thinking it looked out of place. And the dragon was awesome!
* If we're not meant to see Harry/Hermione, they're doing a poor job of it.
* I liked the way the maze at the end was foreshadowed by the hedges in the first scene.
* And the maze itself was chilling. Very effective.
* Orochimaru is scarier than Voldemort. But even scarier than either of them was having to listen to Alvin and the Chipmunks sing the Chipmunks Christmas Song while we were waiting for the film to start.
* I still don't buy the plot of this one. It's my least favourite of the books and it didn't make any more sense like this.
* More Snape is needed!
* Dumbledore is seriously fucking with his own brain way too much. One of these days, he's going to pull a little too much out of there.
* I have some other thoughts, but they will have to wait until I can recheck book canon on some points.
Oh, and it seems we're meant to haul out our old GoF stories. I shall link you to Partners, of which I am rather fond. Crabbe, Goyle, and the Yule Ball.