1. Fanfiction.net and Mary Sues are good things. Seriously, I don't know why people get so up in arms about badly written fic, as though they themselves leapt fully-formed from the head of Margaret Atwood. Everybody's got to start somewhere and most people improve with time. Fanfiction is, for the most part, about sharing your fannish love and I love that everyone can do that and that pretty near everyone can find an audience for their efforts.
2. John and Rodney aren't slashy at all. I still have no idea where that pairing came from. I never saw it at all in the season and a half of SGA I managed to choke down. I was positively gleeful over the lemon.
3. Harry Maybourne is hot, hot, hot. I just don't get why so few people see this. He's not Jack's One True Love (we all know that's Thor) but he is Jack's One True Foil and I could watch them together forever. And did I ever tell you about my dream where Harry was my sugardaddy?
4. Harry Potter fandom isn't "fandom". I really wish people would stop talking about "fandom" when they mean "HP fandom". This does happen in other fandoms as well, but HP is the biggest offender.
5. Horio is freaking awesome. De gustibus, I suppose, but I love him so much that I'm a bit blind to why he annoys people.
6. Most LJ posts are boring. Mine included.
7. The Prince of Tennis musicals are mostly very, very stupid. Except for the parts with the ichinen trio. And Abe. I get why they're fun, but I just don't understand why all the freak-out over them. (If you just want pretty boys, there's lots of Kamen Rider to watch.) I'm trying to watch through them, but I get bogged down by boredom.
8. Tezuka and Oishi belong together. Karupin knows I ship a jillion Tezuka pairings. But Oishi is the beginning and he will be the end.
9. Fangirl Japanese isn't the end of the world. Anyhow, everyone's definition of fangirl Japanese is "more than I use myself". Yeah, sometimes it's way overboard. Yeah, sometimes it's used incorrectly. Yeah, it may come across as unprofessional and unedumacated. But this is fanfic, not a professional translation. Fandom has its own conventions.
10. [ opinion deemed too unpopular to express ]
I had some more but they started getting back into older fandoms. I'm sure nobody wants to hear my rants about Jeffrey Spender now.
eta: By popular demand, the Jeffrey Spender rant. Which will not be an unpopular opinion with anyone reading my LJ right now, I'm sure, but which was not popular back in the day.
11. People shouldn't dislike Jeffrey Spender just because Mulder doesn't like him. Way too many people hated Spender just because he was set up as an opponent to Mulder. Frankly, Mulder is a total freak who gets holes drilled in his head and never follows established procedure. The only reason Mulder is right about anything is that he's the main character of the show. If you ran across him in real life, you wouldn't be on his side because you'd think he was delusional. Dislike Spender if you must, but dislike him because of who he is, not just by default. Don't assume he's the bad guy before you even know his story. *hugs him*
One opinion that's not unpopular but must be said:
1. There will never, never, ever be enough InuKai in the world.