1. KAIDOH-BUCHOU!!! ♥ ♥ ♥
This was the only thing I was still in suspense about and I so won! Er, I mean Kaidoh won, of course. For the record, I think Momo would also have made a fine captain and I've written it both ways. But I think Kaidoh makes a
2. WTF is up with the rushed ending? This is not the first time I've suspected that Konomi is really dead and his assistants are covering it up. Though more likely he's just tired of it. Or he got cancelled. Or was in a science-related accident that de-aged him to about 13.
3. I can't believe I didn't expect Ryoma to go back to the US. In retrospect, it seems so obvious. But so much fic is jossed and so much more is impossible. :(
4. I can't believe we didn't get to see Tezuka and Ryoma play another match! The anime got that right, at least.
5. Tezuka smiling: A+. Fuji teasing Tezuka about smiling: A++. Inui videotaping Tezuka
6. Did I mention KAIDOH-BUCHOU?
7. Yukimura got shafted. Not because he lost but because we didn't get to see him grow while doing it. I really wanted so much more there.
8. WTF is up with the song story? Maybe Konomi's assistants were reading ff.n for ideas for the last chapter.
9. At least we didn't get Epilogued.
10. Inui and Kaidoh's love love kiss! YES IT HAPPENED SHUT UP LA LA LA LA LA
Nationals kind of sucked, didn't it? But I still love the canon and I still love the fandom and I still love KAIDOH-BUCHOU. My mate and I recently started re-watching the anime from the beginning and it still makes me smile so much. I've been having a lot of thoughts about the series as a whole which I will try to articulate next week. But for now: